1.01.2013

Aversion by Kenechi Udogu - YA Review

Aversion (The Mentalist Series, #1) 
Aversion by Kenechi Udogu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For Gemma Green’s first time, things should have been straightforward. Find your subject, hold their gaze and push a thought into their head to save them from future disaster – Aversion complete. A pretty simple process given that the subject was to have no recollection of the experience. But Russ Tanner doesn’t seem to want to forget. In fact the more she tries to avoid him, the more he pushes to get to know her. Gemma knows she has a problem but is she facing the side effects of a failed Aversion or has the school’s tennis champ really fallen for her?



My Thoughts : 

This was an amazing book! Finally- something new in the YA Paranormal world. Rather than having another paranormal based on vampires, werewolves or witches- the author tried something new with an Averter.

Gemma is an everyday teenager, going to high school and being something of a loner. She has just one small secret- she's an Averter. She can perform aversions - altering someone's mind to stop them from doing certain actions that will ultimately change their destined path. When her first aversion is botched and the subject of that aversion becomes enamored with her, Gemma is left to wonder if he really had feelings all along or if it's all a result of her mess up.

I was drawn in from the first page and knew this would be a great book! I read it completely cover to cover in one sitting! I loved it too much to put down. If I have any complaints, it's that it ended. I am very thankful that it's Book 1 of a series and I can't wait to read the next book!

*Disclosure- I received a copy of this book for my honest opinion via R2R *

View all my reviews on goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment